Humans have always been in search of astonishing wonders existing in nature, but many fail to realize that their bodies are great wonders in themselves. Numerous books have been published based on facts revolving around humans that have left millions across the world intrigued. One such belief claimed by some of these books is that sleeping in a colder room would increase the chances of having a nightmare. Another widely believed theory is the analogy involving hair growth and wisdom. Many claim that those who are quite hairy are also quite intelligent. On a lighter note, maybe this is why people with a lot of hair shouldn’t be bullied. However, even the anatomy of the human body has many interesting facts related to it. Here are 30 facts about the human body that will leave you thoroughly amazed, apart from the fact that there are 206 bones in a human body.
1. The human mouth contains bacteria which is much higher than the population of the entire world.
2. An adult human is made up of 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 Octillion atoms).
3. The routine blood circulation in our body is a travel of around 12,000 miles, which is approximately four times the total distance between the West coast of the U.S to the East coast.
4. The human skeleton gets renewed once in every decade, which means once in 10 years a person gets a whole new skeleton.
5. If at all the earth were to be a flat surface, the human eye would be able to detect even a candle flickering at a distance of 30 miles away.
6. A Smile exercises 36 muscles of the human body
7. Our feet have 500,000 sweat glands and they release almost a pint of sweat per day.
8. Carbon is found in great abundance within the human body, it is sufficient enough to accommodate the making of 9000 lead pencils.
9. Women have five to six color receptors, as compared to men, who have just three
10. By 60-years of age, humans lose approximately half of their taste buds.
11. The rhythm of the heart beat changes according to the music humans listens to and the heart beat mimics the musical pattern.
12. While waking up after a long sleep session, the human body produces electricity. This power is sufficient enough to light an electricity bulb.
13. Our bodies are rich in Iron, sufficient enough to make a nail.
14. A human nose can identify the odors of 50,000 different perfumes.
15. A moderate sun burn has the ability to burn our blood vessels to a large extent.
16. An average human produces 25000 quarts of saliva in his entire life. This amount is enough water to fill the capacities of two large swimming pools.
17. The energy generated by the heart every day is sufficient enough to drive a truck for 20 miles.
18. The human skin sheds approximately 600,000 particles every hour, Can you believe that?
19. If a human brain takes the form of a computer, it can perform 38 thousand trillion operations per second. Even the fastest supercomputer in the world has managed to reach only 0.002% of this ability.
20. Synesthesia is a syndrome which causes bizarre changes in our senses, such as tasting words and hearing colors.
21. Sweat in itself doesn’t have any odor, but sweat mixes with the bacteria present on the body to produce the pungent smell.
22. It has been proven that a human baby has 60 bones more in comparison with an adult.
23. 20% of the oxygen as well as calories in the human body are consumed by the brain alone.
24. The amount of blood in a man’s body is around 6.8 liters, while in a woman it is around 5 liters.
25. The acid present in a human stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
26. It is said that 300 million cells in a human body perish every minute and astonishingly, an adult human also produces 300 Billion new cells each day.
27. A normal human could die in 2 days without drinking anything, but without eating they could still survive for 20 days.
28. Just like how everyone has unique fingerprints, every human also has a distinct tongue print.
29. If an average human eye would have been a camera, the resolution would have been 576 megapixels.
30. 31% of a human bone consists of water.